So before you head over to Deadwind Pass for your first raid, lets go over some basic preparations you will need to make...
- 490 Defense - make sure you have at least 490 defense. I am sure by now every wannabe tanks know this by now. I don't want to explain and talk about it again. There are a bunch of website forums that explains the reason behind it.
- 12K HP - the trash mobs and bosses hits hard. You will need some hp to take the hit and 12K is enough to get you started.
- Armor - if you get 490 defense and around 12k HP, your armor should be high enough. I cannot remember how much armor I had when I went into kara. 11k-12k armor should be enough.
- Consumables - Health Potions / Rage Potions are on top of my list. I always make sure I have enough of them. Bring around 10 health potions and about 5 rage potions. As an off-tank you will want rage potions to help you out on some fights since you will be looking competing with the MT for threat and without the boss/mob hitting you, there will be good chance that you won't have enough rage to keep up.
- Gear - if you have 490 defense and around 12k HP, chances are you know what your doing and have been grabbing the right gear for the MT/OT kara role. If not, I have started posts about gear that you would want pre-kara (check the links on the right). I know its not complete but it is a start.
- Avoidance - I know tanks that like to stack high stamina gear. Basically putting +12 stamina gems on almost all gem slot but I think thats not a requirement. What I liked doing was making sure my parry/dodge and block totals to at least 25%. This ensures dodge/parry or at least a block everytime I have Shield Block up.
First up on the list is Attumen the Huntsman & Midnight. It is the 1st boss and he is optional. He is easy and should be no problem. Look for it on the next post.